Tuesday, October 13, 2015

eulogy of my rifle (Nick)

this is for all of the fallen victims of colorguard aka....... the rifles






I remember when I first started. I didn't know what to do, say, or think when I met you. Scared and nervous, I glimpse onto to you and you assured me with confidence that I can shine like no other. At that moment, I felt true love and passion, merging us like two lovers in each other's arms. We had a magical beginning, flowing and moving with each other gracefully as if we always knew each other. I even remember when the confusing time when I thought you was having an affair on me with someone I knew personally but, it turn out to be false. I even remember when I let you go for the first time, I just keep wanting you more and more like I ever wanted you before. I kept thinking of the times I harm you on accident and on purpose sometimes when I was out of my element. It was as if the world stop and I could never think, I felt bad for those times and you still, like the angel you are, forgave me. We both use each other to exhaustion, broken bones, blood, sweat, and tears but, we love it. We dreamed of futures together, life lessons that we will and have learned, and beginnings we will start and endings we will stop. Then, it change. We both didn't see it coming, one moment your in my arms, the next, lying in my arms.....but dying. You felt cold and fragile like nothing could go right and I felt as if I was the blame of it all. Then, you assured me everything was ok and it was meant to be, we were meant to separate at this point and it was time for you to go. I didn't want it to happen but, it did and I had to let you go. You, by far, changed my life and I am forever grateful for the good and bad times we spent, You taught me confidence, love, hostility, morality, passion, courage, and the list goes on and on and on. Never will anyone or thing could ever change my feelings for you and when I tell people who taught me to be this way, I'll mention you.You are my key soulmate, lover, and friend and I'll never forget that.





RIP Nicholas Robert Smith (2011-2015)

" Heaven couldn't wait for you,"

                                                                                    - Beyonce

No comments:

Post a Comment