Friday, September 18, 2015

Leanna's story

This is leanna's story on how colorguard changed her life

" I was fourteen years old in the 8th grade. Not knowing anything about colorguard or what it was, I was going through my last year of middle getting ready for highschool. At this point, i was not playing any kind of activities, didn't do any hobbies other than sleep and hang with friends, and also had a deep relationship with food. I really LOVED food!!!! Everyday i was hearing from my mom about how i should get out and do some stuff. I didn't listen and i didn't care literally, i didn't care. At this moment, I did palyed music and I felt some way about it. I wanted be apart of it but it was not my thing, I felt out of place with it like i wanted more.  So, one night the middle school band had a night were we played with the highschool students. I was pretty excited about it I mean , really excited like super excited. It was just great being apart of a marching band before i start marching, just...... one thing..... was off... there was two dance teams in the stands. I was little weird seeing that but, i didn't care. Around half time, we were ask to stay and watch the show by our band teacher so i thought what show? Its football? Why? But, i was curious and decided to stay. The highschool marching band was about to play during the halftime and I was so ready to see them play. As they marched on the field, i see this group with flags and rifle on the field and it look pretty strange until i started watching it. Then, They gave me LIFFFEEE!!! It was like watching a giant painting come to life also, thats when i realized that it was one of the two dance team up there. I wanted to do what they were doing so bad but, didn't know what to call it so i ask my teacher about them and he said its call colorguard and explained it to me. I was so happy to know what it was that was, i dreamed about it being on that field putting on show. Then, months passed and I was about leave middleschool  and saw the tryout sheets up i took one and told my mom. She was pretty excited because use to be one and never decided to tell me. The day of the first tryout had my nerves on edge . I had butterflies in my stomach but, soon to realized it wasn't so bad. The practice was the funnest practice ever. Everybody there was happy and chilled as we learned how to do this. Then, the final day came, the fatal audition. The highschool band director hired the best instructors in Georgia. It went from being easy to wanting to run in a matter of seconds. They staired at us for the whole time we did our audition work and it was pretty nerve-wracking. after we were done, they told us to come back in a couple of hours. My heart was beating and i felt like having heart attack, so i fell asleep thinking it would help, it didn't. Soon, i was woken up by my mom screaming sence i missed the audition results  (i overslept ). All my friends who tried out was texting me and soon i was screaming too. My mom found out from the other moms who daughters tried out and i was notified  over text. All of my emotions came out in one day and i felt really good about myself. Being apart of a team never gave me so much excitement. I knew this had to be the best time of my whole life. Years later, I had graduated did all 4 years on guard and 3 years on winterguard and now in college and I'm  still doing colorguard, i have so much more to do in guard and bigger and brighter things to do with guard!"

Leanna from Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment