Friday, July 15, 2016

Guardie of the week- Caitlyn

This week's guardie of the week is 


Caitlyn Louramore

from NC

Caitlyn is a spinner from Dixon High School Color Guard. She found out about color guard during an 8th-grade night at her high school. The middle school band was invited over to play with the high school and during this time she played trombone. Originally, she hoped to join high school band with her trombone, but when the band performed at halftime, She became  instantly in love and in awe at the flags and movements on the field. Three years later, She is so grateful to had the chance to find Colorguard. It has helped her develop more confident in her work and in what she does.
Caitlyn's favorite thing about Guard is definitely the performances and the feeling of joy after a competition. Some of her favorite tosses are a Pizza toss or a strip toss and the reason she loves guard is because it gave her a home away from home.

" I feel my happiest when I'm performing or helping others become their best."

This is her third year on guard and she plans on never ever wanting to stop doing what she loves. She is hoping to continue with guard throughout college. Afterward, she hopes to become an instructor and teach others and help them find their passion!

"I've always longed for a place I felt I was at my best and guard has helped me realize that it's alongside my teammates on the field."

 Congrats this week's guardie of the week 

Caitlyn


No comments:

Post a Comment