Wednesday, January 6, 2016

(Contest winner) rebecca K's story pt2

Pt 2 of Rebecca's story involve her time with fusion core at championships for DCA drum and bugle corps

 
 
This happened this past season with Fusion Core, at championships. I performed probably the best performance of my life. No mess ups, no fumbles, a perfect show. I came off that field drenched in tears because I knew I left it all on the field.
During retreat, Fusion Core was next to another corps from the UK called the Kidsgrove Scouts.
A member of their color guard had their daughter with them during retreat and her daughter got along with a lot of the guard members in Fusion Core. On the field during retreat, we were all listening to the judges call out scores for A Class, that is when that little girl approached me with a plastic paper crown.
 She gave it to me and said that I was pretty and wanted me to have it. I look at her mom and she said "just take it" with a smile on her face. Every member of Fusion's guard thought it was the cutest thing ever. I still have that paper crown in my bedroom. That will always be my favorite memory from drum corps.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment