Tuesday, January 5, 2016

(Contest winner)Rebecca K's story pt1

last weekI ended the IAGT contest and Crowned a winner. As apart of the win, they would be feature on many of the platforms that IAGT are on
 
 
 
                       

                        This is Rebecca K.

 

                                           The IAGT Contest winner

And for the first she decided to share with me her Guard story and how guard has develop in her life
 
"I joined color guard my freshman year at Verona High School in New Jersey. I’ve marched in their color guard from 2011-2014. I joined because my parents made me. My mother marched in Conquest indoor color guard, the New York Skyliners drum and bugle corps, and the Cadets drum and bugle corps in 1984 and won a DCI championship ring. My father has marched in the Saints drum and bugle corps, The New York Skyliners where he met my mom, and the Bayonne Bridgemen drum and bugle corps. They wanted all of their kids to do marching band eventually. My older brother played the trumpet, and my twin sister played clarinet but was going to join color guard. They both quit. I was their first child to actually march and enjoy it (until my little brother joined the marching band. He loves it and is currently marching in VHS’s drum line as a bass drummer).
Ok, so my freshman year in high school was rough for me in marching band. I was bad at guard, like REALLY bad. I was only in 21 counts of the ENTIRE show, and it was the ballad, so I only spun a swing flag. My dad for Christmas that year have me a color guard flag and said "I only want you to be the best". I spun that flag ALL WINTER. In the snow too! I was determined to get better. By my sophomore year of high school, I returned a completely different spinner. I was put into the full show and got to perform at MetLife Stadium. My junior year I learned all about with world of WGI and Indoor Guard in general. That winter I marched my very first season of Indoor with Fusion A Indoor Color Guard. I learned how to do many new things that I never knew I could ever do. I got stronger and better and my passion grew stronger.
That same year my father past away. At his funeral, I approached my grandfather, who also was ver big on drum corps, and said to him that I was gonna march Drum Corps, and I'm gonna do it for my father. I kept that promise, I became a member of Fusion Core’s flag line in 2014. I went from 21 counts my freshman year to winning DCA World championship title in the Color Guard caption.
After my first successful season of drum corps, I completed my final year with the Verona High School Marching Maroon and White, marched another season with Fusion Core, and now I’m marching my second season of indoor with Q2 which is a fairly new Independent A color guard. This up coming summer though, I will not be returning to Fusion Core, but I’ll still be marching either in another DCA corps or I’ll be starting my very first season of DCI. My goal is to march in the Cadets one day just like my mother did in 1984!!!"
 
 
 
I so glad and proud to call her the winner because she deserves it with all of her heart felt moments in life and amazing accomplishments in life, 

 She is A True Winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment