Thursday, April 21, 2016

Prince

I usually don't double post but, this is a different occasion. This morning I woke up, did my usual thing to keep my hygiene up and feed my grandfather something to eat. Its was not till after I was getting everything ready for the day I felt deep despair. This morning I went on TMZ and saw That Music Legend himself, Prince, died at 57.

 
It was devastating because being a 90s baby, I grew up watching his iconic style, his personal flare, the soulful Funk, and his hydrogenous edge that he had to him. He Taught people to be in there own skin and be who they want to be.

Whether he played one of his dramatic ballads, edgy funk songs, or rock out with his guitar, you knew who Prince was and what he sounded like. This man fueled a generation of music lovers and inspired artist like Miguel, Maxwell, and many more people of today's age. Today I wanted to acknowledge the impact he had in colorguard with the iconic show from light brigade that was inspired and dedicated to the legend himself, Prince. We love you Prince and your unique ways and will always love you.
 

light brigade 2005 from patrick yates on Vimeo.




Rest In Peace

Prince

1958 - 2016



No comments:

Post a Comment