Monday, February 29, 2016

Guard Hacks

There always that one situation where something breaks, rips, or messes up well, I have found the key to almost everything. These are some things to have on you in case of an accident.


6. hair bands

Image result for goody hair rubber bands
 
 
hair bands can fix a list of stuff including:
  • fix rip silks
  • hold equipment together (trust it works)
  • organizes your guard bag
  • separates your equipment from others

5. lotion



Image result for lotion

Ok, I know this sounds this sounds weird but lotion have saved my life. If you just lotion your hands at least 30 minutes before a getting ready to perform(at the least 30 not 15 minutes close to performing), you will more likely chance of not getting calyces and bruises plus, it keeps your skin soft.


4. baby powder

Image result for body powder
I know, another weird one but every time you go to the gym or watch a body lifter some where, they always dust there hands in baby powder to help prevent cracking skin and sweaty palms so, by guard terms, it will do the same also, you can use it to keep from slipping on your tarp  if your team goes barefoot.

3. electric tape

Image result for electric tape
there are so many ways to use electric tape like
  • using it as a Band-Aid
  • hold equipment together
  • taping up the hole in your guard shoe( I just save you money on a new pair of guard shoes)
  • marking your spot on the tarp
  • holding a rip in your silk
  • holding a rip in you uniform
  • keep the ball of your foot protected  ( I never got a calyces ever again after learning that )
  • helps you turn
  • and etc..
so if you don't know by know........ electric tape is life !!!!

2. maxi pads

                            Image result for maxi pads

I know at least half of the girls on guard have these things so why not use them to your advantage.
I use them to pad my rifle tip and Butt, but also as a gauze in case I need to apply pressure to a wound
or even clean up makeup or nail polish and yes, it works if you add make up remover or nail polish remover on it.

1. baby wipes







Image result for baby wipes travel

You don't need to buy that expensive make up remover just to remove make up, just go grab some baby wipes, they work just the same .

I hope this post helps you as much as it helped me
if you have any post ideas, questions, comment, and concerns just email me : itsaguarthing72@gmail.com , kik: itsaguardtthingblog, or DM me on the Instagram page : @__itsaguardthing__ 

No comments:

Post a Comment