Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Guard is pain



Everyone has there days where they just really are not doing well but, there is nothing like those day where you literally almost kill yourself during guard. Usually, you either get a bruise or if you one of the unfortunate ones, you will whine up probably with a case or in the hospital. So, I'm gonna share some of the stories of people that really went through it with guard 

                                                            [warning]

this will get kind of graphic so if you get sick easily, I warned you
 
 
 
 

Image result for broken fingers
Image result for bruised backOkay well I have to say that I feel everyone's pain, though I do believe I have everyone beat. I have broken all of my fingers at least once, I have a fracture to temple which the doctor told me almost killed me, fun, which left me with a black and blue eye for my 16th birthday while doing a double horizontal toss turn around with my rifle, I broke my nose in four different places while tossing a 7 with my rifle and catching while I was down on my knees, the strap broke off and the power was so much that it caused my nose to shatter, I needed to have surgery to fix it, I have gotten hit in the shoulder causing a fracture by another girl while teaching her to toss triples. I have had my toes broken from wearing open toed shoes while holding tryouts. I have also sprained my ankle from doing heel extension (if you do not know what these are, you take your foot and bring it up beside your head while in the other hand you toss and catch while your other foot is still right beside your head) tosses with my love, my rifle, and the rifle hitting my ankle which luckily made it so it did not hit my head to add another to my long list of head injuries, there is honestly too many to count. Of course the countless, endless, black and blue marks, as well as cuts and scraps but oh well never fear the rifle it is your best friend. I think that is why I have had so many inquires, plus I like to try new things and sometimes well, they don't always work. Good luck everyone! By the way that is only me not all of the injuries from my guard years
 
                                                                             - swtlildancer85 on dance.net
 
 
Image result for shattered fingerI shattered my finger, doing some rifle toss, and I have to be out the first 4 weeks of winterguard :( Last year our captain slipped on a flag silk and broke a whole bunch of bones in her ankle and had to have surgery. And then another girl on our winterguard last year was doing a fancy 45 toss and broke her front teeth.... not very fun
-
Born_to_spin on dance.net




Image result for popped kneeI always knew colorguard was dangerous but I never thought about the things you mentioned in your email. A couple of months ago my co-captain caught a quad on her riffle stepped back so she wouldn't lose her balance, and popped her knee out of place. By the grace of God, they just popped it back into place, but we couldn't move her, and we could see the bone popped out through her jeans. We had to call an ambulance, and I thought that was bad. All of the girls on my team have had bruised knees for extended periods of time, and were required to perform to the fullest no matter what pain we were experiencing. Two girls on my team hit their arms so they had to quit practicing for a bout a week, and one had to have her for-arm wrapped up. I hit my forehead with a saber five days before my 8th grade graduation, practicing for a show and there is still a scar. I also had a black eye that covered my entire left eye. My team's riffle line had some many bruises on their legs that none of us could were anything that showed our legs for about two months.
                                                                                                   - rifflegirl on dance.net



I hope you survived without getting sick or cringing and enjoyed this post. If you have any post ideas or comments questions, and/or concerns email me: itsaguardthing72@gmail.com , kik: itsaguardthingblog, or DM the Instagram page @__itsauardthig__

No comments:

Post a Comment