Thursday, February 11, 2016

dedication in Guard

 

today, I wanted to introduce two amazingly dedicated girls that wanted to share with me there story

 This is Bre, she is 15

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 My name is Bre and I did colorguard and ROTC. I was trying out for both winter guard and air rifle team for JROTC. The schedules would have collided a lot. I tried out for Varsity winter guard as a freshman along with two other freshmen. They made Varsity and I was put as an alternate for JV meaning, I wouldn't be in the entire show, just part of it and it wouldn't be a big part. I also didn't make the rifle team and I was really upset. But I kept trying and working hard at guard and now I am the only freshmen on main weapon line and I have a triple solo in our show, I love guard so much. To everyone out there, it doesn't matter how long you've been on guard or what grade you are in, as long as you work hard,you can do anything.
 

And this is Maya, she is 15

My name is Maya and when I first heard of guard was in 6th grade. My band director there asked if anyone wanted to join. So my friend and I were like, why not and we joined and while I was there,  my friend keep joining and then leaving. I was the only one who stayed. Then the instructors asked if I wanted to join guard with the high school. The instructor for the high school color guard though I was strong, so my 7th grade year I stared marching with the high school. It was a great experience with high school and now this is freshman year. last year marching as an 8th greater, we got first place in TECA state Championships and next year, I plane to try out as captain.

 

These two girl have what it takes to be in colorguard, determination and dedication. they both strive for what they want and go get it. In colorguard, that's how you have to be, hardworking and determined to get better and learn more in the guard world. if you work as hard as they have, I am sure you all will be amazing.

 
if you have any idea for me to post on the blog email me: itsaguardthing72@gmail.com, kik me: itsaguardthingblog, or dm me on Instagram : @__itsaguardthing__

 

No comments:

Post a Comment