Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Guard Story: "I Was Livid And Ready To Fight"

Ok so, I want to share a guard story with you guys from the time I almost fought Three times on a game day


So, it was marching season and my junior year, we were on our third home game and everything was going well. I got to the school and started stretching and started practicing, As I was practicing, this teacher walk pass me and whispered "can you take that outside," since its wasn't on school time  and I was being petty, I said " do we have a problem??" obviously he ignored me like it was nothing but that teacher knew not to play with me. So when it was time to get dress, I got dressed and was feeling myself a little because I look good

 
We had to wait for the band to get ready and lined up. As soon as they were lined up then, we walked down to the field and waited for the game to start. This one guy kept pointing and staring towards me and talking to his other football player friends like I got a problem with him so I'm sitting there staring at them like
 

 
Image result for blameitonkway
 
Then, he finally walked away and I have yet to see his ass ever again. Soon after, The game Started Like usual, the same stuff happened like what happens at every game, National anthem and then the kick off. Once it got to half time, I was all ready to do our show and I was in show make up and everything.
 
 When I did the show I felt so good I was so proud of myself, honestly its was  a really good run through. So I'm all Like
Image result for I slay
 
Then Out of NO WHERE, I hear from the Stands on the opposing side 

"YOU A BOY N%?*@ !!!!"

( I bleeped out the word because I'm black and I really don't like when people call me that word)
 
 Then I get to the point where I'm ready To fight anyone and I was about to climb in those stands and fight anyone who said something to me. I WAS LIVID AND READY TO FIGHT but, I couldn't because my instructor was holding me back and told me to just go put my stuff up and go home because I was too heated to stay. So then that Monday, I found out the guy got fine with public intoxication and had to pay $100 or go to court ( he paid the $100).
 
 
I felt relief because its unfair what happens to guys on guard because we are guys and what we do is considered a girly thing but it will never be fair to us because everyone want us to play football or be into sports and yet to realize guard as a sport. I Hope A lot of guard guys can relate with me because they had almost the same issue. I feel for  anyone having to deal with those people who tell them How " guard is for girls" and having to deal with being Called out there names. I hope you guys can share this story to someone who is going through the same thing and help them get ready for anything this marching season brings to them
 

No comments:

Post a Comment